So, how can we help the new ITIL owners? I'd be interested to know how we all see Back2ITSM and ITIL contributing to Capita and it's involvement.
What would we like to see in an ideal world?
I hope that Stuart Rance and his initiative for a knowledge base will be high on the agenda.
I'm delighted to hear from the itSMF Executive board - Alejandro Debenedet is their man to help the itSMF connect with Capita. Congratulations to Alejandro for helping the itSMF to get involved with this!
I know that Ivor Macfarlane is closely connected - there's a new book I've been chatting to him about. Wouldn't it be useful to know the process for people to work with Captita to produce books and other IP in collaboration with Capita and to the betterment of ITIL?
What is the brief of Capita, actually? Does it extend to Service Management beyond ITIL?
I must confess a personal interest in this. My new book on 'An Integrated Requirements Process' ( http://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Requirements-Process-Governing-ebook/dp/B00CFIJRVI ) is something that I personally think ought to be part of ITIL. I think that ITIL 2011, great as it is, under values requirements hugely and doesn't integrate them into the lifecycle, only seeing them as part of (and a small part of ) Service Design. I'd like to work with Capita to see how this could become part of the official lifecycle in the next version.
Forget my personal interest for a moment - isn't it important for the process of engagement, whether with me, or with the Back2ITSM movement, or with experienced ITIL authors to be transparent?
I'm really delighted that we now have some understanding of where we are going - I'm really keen that we get some clarity on the details soon!
- University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg, BSc. 1979
- Major Subjects; Maths & Physics
- ITIL V2 Manager’s Certificate in IT Service Management
- ITIL V3 ITIL Expert Certification
- ISO20000 Consultant’s Certificate Management
- Fellow in Service Management (FSM)® (prISM)
- Certified ISEB instructor for ITIL Foundations + Service Manager courses
- FISM - Fellow of the Institute of IT Service Management
- Marketing and Business Development Director itSMF International
- Marketing Director itSMF South Africa
- Member of itSMF South Africa Western Cape
- Policy Consulting - start up organisation
- Service Governance
- Business Analysis
- OpenView Network and System Management; design and implementation.
- Secure web implementation.
- HP Service Desk implementation.
- Application, System, and Network Consolidation.
- Business Disaster Recovery process consulting, implementation and testing.
- ITIL process management (practical consulting delivery):
|Service Portfolio||Service Strategy||Service Desk|
Specialties and interests
|ASM||Adaptive Service Model|
|Service Governance||Business Analysis|
|KPI||Metric Design and Implementation|
|I have never been further|
|north||Helsinki 60°10′15″N 024°56′15″E|
|south||Dunedin 45°52′S 170°30′E|
|west||Sausalito Coordinates: 37°51′33″N 122°29′07″W ]|
|east||Rotorua 38°08′16″S 176°15′05″E|
|... and higher than 3.050 m|
|... and faster than 320 kph (on the ground)|
Adopting Service Governance
|ISBN: 978-0113314652||ISBN: 978-0113313914|
|Webinar: Adopting Service Governance: Governing portfolio value for sound corporate citizenship||Review in International Best Practice|
|Issues in corporate governance and service governance as a solution|
|AXELOS interview with Peter Brooks|
|Service Governance in the Cloud|
|Adopting Service Governance - Governing portfolio value for sound corporate citizenship - AXELOS 2015 ISBN: 978-0113314652|
|Collaborative Consulting – TSO 2013 ISBN: 978-0113313914|
|Review - Ivor Macfarlane|
|An Integrated Requirements Process - Governing Cost & Risk in Business Analysis - itSMFsa 2013 ISBN: 978-1490489162|
|Review - David Lowe|
|Review - Karen Ferris|
|Metrics for Service Management: Designing for ITIL – VHP 2012 ISBN-13: 978-9087536480|
Metrics for IT Service Management – VHP 2006 ISBN-13: 978-9077212691
Definition of Service Governance
Service Governance describes the means of achieving effective corporate and portfolio governance, within the ‘comply or explain’ framework, by designing the service portfolio as the overarching management system that monitors & controls corporate financial performance & value delivery.
From '''Adopting Service Governance''' http://service-governance.org/index.php?title=Category:Best_Practice Service Governance - Best Practice