The ITIL book "Adopting Service Governance - Governing portfolio value for sound corporate citizenship" is going to be published by AXELOS on the 11th of August.
There is a 10% pre-publication discount - order the book here, specifying the code ASG1 until the 10th of August 2015:
There was considerable interest shown at the well-attended AXELOS webinar, with good questions that the author answers.
The AXELOS webinar is here:
There is also a short introductory film, showing screenshots of the fictitious company used in the examples in the book. This shows the company, discusses its decision, and shows its service portfolio. This gives an idea of how a governing body, such as the board of directors, can, in practice, set up a Service Portfolio, and use it to govern the organisation through understanding the value / cost ratio of its services.
The film is here:
There is a blog on "Delivering organisational value through service governance':
There is also a blog on 'Issues in corporate governance and service governance as a solution' here:
Service Governance is the theme of the itSMF South Africa this year, and it is being seen as a way to communicate a means to govern to the board of directors, and a way to understand that ITIL provided a governance framework, with all the management advice required to make it practically successful.
For much more, see Service Governance
- University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg, BSc. 1979
- Major Subjects; Maths & Physics
- ITIL V2 Manager’s Certificate in IT Service Management
- ITIL V3 ITIL Expert Certification
- ISO20000 Consultant’s Certificate Management
- Fellow in Service Management (FSM)® (prISM)
- Certified ISEB instructor for ITIL Foundations + Service Manager courses
- FISM - Fellow of the Institute of IT Service Management
- Marketing and Business Development Director itSMF International
- Marketing Director itSMF South Africa
- Member of itSMF South Africa Western Cape
- Policy Consulting - start up organisation
- Service Governance
- Business Analysis
- OpenView Network and System Management; design and implementation.
- Secure web implementation.
- HP Service Desk implementation.
- Application, System, and Network Consolidation.
- Business Disaster Recovery process consulting, implementation and testing.
- ITIL process management (practical consulting delivery):
|Service Portfolio||Service Strategy||Service Desk|
Specialties and interests
|ASM||Adaptive Service Model|
|Service Governance||Business Analysis|
|KPI||Metric Design and Implementation|
|I have never been further|
|north||Helsinki 60°10′15″N 024°56′15″E|
|south||Dunedin 45°52′S 170°30′E|
|west||Sausalito Coordinates: 37°51′33″N 122°29′07″W ]|
|east||Rotorua 38°08′16″S 176°15′05″E|
|... and higher than 3.050 m|
|... and faster than 320 kph (on the ground)|
Adopting Service Governance
|ISBN: 978-0113314652||ISBN: 978-0113313914|
|Webinar: Adopting Service Governance: Governing portfolio value for sound corporate citizenship||Review in International Best Practice|
|Issues in corporate governance and service governance as a solution|
|AXELOS interview with Peter Brooks|
|Service Governance in the Cloud|
|Adopting Service Governance - Governing portfolio value for sound corporate citizenship - AXELOS 2015 ISBN: 978-0113314652|
|Collaborative Consulting – TSO 2013 ISBN: 978-0113313914|
|Review - Ivor Macfarlane|
|An Integrated Requirements Process - Governing Cost & Risk in Business Analysis - itSMFsa 2013 ISBN: 978-1490489162|
|Review - David Lowe|
|Review - Karen Ferris|
|Metrics for Service Management: Designing for ITIL – VHP 2012 ISBN-13: 978-9087536480|
Metrics for IT Service Management – VHP 2006 ISBN-13: 978-9077212691
Definition of Service Governance
Service Governance describes the means of achieving effective corporate and portfolio governance, within the ‘comply or explain’ framework, by designing the service portfolio as the overarching management system that monitors & controls corporate financial performance & value delivery.
From '''Adopting Service Governance''' http://service-governance.org/index.php?title=Category:Best_Practice Service Governance - Best Practice